To improve the interest of African American male students in writing.
To educate all students on the difference between formal and informal writing.
To improve the correct use of spelling, punctuation and grammar in student writing.
- Solicit input from teachers on “notable” minorities in their content area.
- Provide all teachers with results of above findings in a user friendly format to encourage them to use in their writing.
- Secure templates or examples of each style writing used in content area.
- Provide template to content area teacher and encourage practice.
- Encourage inclusion of this area in rubrics for assignments that involve writing.