To the Parents of Current Freshman Students:
The purpose of this letter is to inform you of the graduation requirements for all first year freshman students. Beginning this school year, graduation requirements include the following:
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 unweighted or higher
- 24 Credits
- 4 Math - including Algebra I and Geometry
- 4 English
- 3 Science
- 3 Social Studies
- 1.0 United States History
- 1.0 World History
- 0.5 Economics
- 0.5 United States Government
- 1 Fine or Performing Arts, Speech and Debate, or a Practical Arts course
- 1 Physical Education to include the integration of health
- 8 Electives
- In addition to taking the required EOC exams in Algebra I, Biology, and Geometry, students must:
- Pass the EOC for Algebra I to receive credit in Algebra I, Algebra1A/1B, Algebra I Honors, Pre-AICE or Pre-IB Algebra.
- Pass the Grade 10 FCAT Reading 2.0 (with a level 3 or higher) during the 2011-2012 school year and beyond.
- Ninth grade students must take at least one on-line course during their high school program of studies.
- It is important to note the following:
- Ninth grade students who are currently taking Biology or Geometry will not receive a Semester I grade. The final grade for both semesters will be calculated after the EOC exam results are received.
Addional information will be provided to you and your child by Lehigh Senior High School counselors to ensure that your child successfully completes all graduation requirements during the next four years.
More information can be found by downloading the PDF to the left.
If you have any questions, please contact Lehigh Senior High School or call the school at: (239) 693-5353.