The purpose of the Dress Code is to encourage students to focus on the learning process without the distractions of unsuitable dress and grooming. Students shall maintain a clean, orderly appearance at all times. The responsibility for the personal appearance of the student and the adherence to the dress code policy rests with the parent/guardian and the student. Personal appearance shall not distract from the educational process. According to the School Board of Lee County, each school has the authority to establish additional standards.
The following guidelines establish the minimum acceptable standards for student dress to be interpreted and enforced by the administration and staff at Lehigh Senior High School. Students are required to comply with this dress code while on school grounds.
- Shoes shall be worn at all times.
- Apparel shall be adequate in both length and coverage to be considered appropriate for school. Skirts and shorts are to be at or below the knee, regardless of whether leggings are worn.
- Pants shall be worn fastened and at the waist. It is unacceptable for undergarments to be exposed. Sagging pants are not permitted.
- Shirts or blouses shall be appropriately fastened in accord with the design of that shirt or blouse. The length shall extend beyond the waist level.
- Pajama attire of any kind, including pajama slippers or house shoes, is not permitted.
- Transparent or see-through tops, bare midriff, strapless, low-cut clothing, or tops and outfits that provide minimum coverage or are of a suggestive nature are prohibited: halters, spaghetti straps, backless dresses or tops, tube tops, tank tops, muscle shirts, or any clothing which may be distracting are prohibited.
- Any articles of clothing or jewelry that could likely cause injury-such as chains, bracelets, rings, chokers with or without spikes, or studs-are prohibited. Wallet chains of any length are prohibited.
- Apparel, emblems, insignias, badges, or symbols that promote the use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, violence or any other illegal activity are prohibited.
- Apparel or symbols which may be gang-related may not be displayed on a student's person or in the student's locker, vehicles or other locations on campus.
- The wearing on campus of hats, caps, headgear, or sunglasses except in conjunction with designated school-approved uniforms or at authorized athletic practices or activities is prohibited. (This includes hats attached to belt loops)
- Clothing with slogans or advertising which by its controversial or obscene nature disrupts the educational setting is prohibited.
- Long, oversized and/or sleeveless jerseys are prohibited. Shirts must be worn with sleeveless jerseys.
- Dress code violations may not be covered with outerwear (jackets, hoodies, etc.)
- No holes, tears or slits in jeans or pants.
- Leggings with or without pockets cannot be worn as pants or as an undergarment.
Note: The school administration reserves the right to appraise any current fashion or fad and determine whether it is appropriate for school wear. Students must be in dress code compliance upon entering school grounds, during all after-school events, and at all times while students are on campus. Lee County District Dress Code Policy is still the standard and will be enforced.
Dress code will be checked daily and strongly enforced. Any student in violation of the dress code policy will be spend the day in ISS