Increase listening and speaking skills within the classroom.
Improve reading among ELL.
Improve correct use of spelling and grammar in writing.
- Grouping/ KAGAN structures
- Student “shadow” another student to model KAGAN strategies
- Teacher “I Do”, Teacher/Student “We Do”, Student “You Try”
- Model effective communication with academic language
- Peer Tutor
- Leveled grouping
- Teacher- informal assessment
- Assign 15 min. of reading a night as homework
- Book fairs
- Instructions on choosing on-level texts
- WOW/ word wall
- Reading Competition (AR)
- Dictionary skills
- Spelling structure
- Quick writes
- SAR’s (Short Answer Responses)
- District Writing Initiative
- WOW word
- Use content specific vocabulary
- Translator dictionaries made available
- Online translators (Google translate)